Shake & Bake: CBD-infused Not-Pot Brownies
Our take on the classic pot brownie couldn’t be simpler to make. Even the most cack-handed baker will be able to follow our recipe and whip up a batch of delicious, gooey brownies that not only taste great, but also provide your daily dose of CBD.
You can use any CBD oil of your choice, but we recommend our orange-flavoured oil for a Terry’s-tasting treat. Raw oils will taste bitter and spoil your efforts, so any MCT-based CBD oil will work fine.
You will need:
- 230g of a chocolate of your choice (Cadbury’s Dairy Milk for us, but each to their own)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 tbsp of melted butter (block/stick butter is best)
- 2 eggs
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 5/350°F). Line a small baking dish (around 8-inches) with greaseproof paper and lightly butter this.
- Melt half of your chocolate in a double-boiler (a pyrex dish on top of a pan of boiling water) or blast in the microwave in 15-second spurts to ensure it doesn’t burn. Leave the chocolate to cool slightly.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl, then beat in the eggs and add the vanilla extract until you are left with a light, fluffy textured mix
- Mix in the melted chocolate, ensuring it is not too hot as to prevent the eggs from cooking. Sieve in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Do not over-mix as your brownies will lose their moisture!
- This recipe makes 8 brownies, so add in enough CBD oil. I would recommend around 80mg (5ml of 500mg CBD oil, 2.5ml of 1000mg oil, etc.)
- Pop them in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes (the quicker the cook, the fudgier your brownies).
- Let them cool before slicing. We also add segments of Terry’s Chocolate Orange to each brownie for an extra-zesty taste.
- Serve with ice cream or custard.
These are best enjoyed hot, but can be frozen in cling film and heated up in the microwave or oven.